Recipes & Tips
Classic Chicken Udon Noodle Soup
This easy recipe is great for lunch, dinner or snack!
Makes 1 serving (just multiply recipe by servings desired to make more).Ingredients:
• 1 cup chicken stock (if not available, just add 1 cube chicken broth to water) or water
• 1/2 cup or 1/2 slice chicken (even tastier with shrimp — 3 pieces)
• 1 clover of minced garlic
• 1 pack of Chikara Udon with soup (any flavor)
• 1 green onion (1/4 cup)
• 1 tbsp canola or sesame oil
• 1 cup of your favorite vegetables (great with bean sprout, shiitake, enoki mushroom, cabbage...etc.)
• pinch of salt and pepper to your taste
- In a medium pan, add oil and heat the pan. Add garlic, vegetable and meat until they are cooked (about 2 minutes or until slightly brown).
- Add chicken stock/water to cooked ingredient in pot and turn down heat to medium.
- Add soup packet and stir.
- While soup is boiling, add noodles.
- Simmer for 2 minutes (make sure to stir occasionally so noodles don't get stuck to the bottom of the pan).
- You're all done! Turn off the heat and let sit for 30 seconds and serve!